Re: Log for attempted build of encfs_1.8.1-2 on m68k (dist=unstable)

On 07/17/2015 09:53 PM, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> Please don't get me wrong, I don't contemn the development of
> experimental architectures. But from my POV:
> it was working with older boost versions and it works with newer ones.

m68k isn't experimental, it was Debian's *first* official port and it's
still important since it helps catch regressions in the code regarding
portability.

> Do you really expect me to hunt ghost bugs and identify the exact range
> of boost versions that did have problems (espcially those which
> appeared ONLY on m68k)? Just because you use a boost version that is
> more than three years old, even older than the "Debian Stable" version?
> Seriously? Or maybe you try to just sync your set of BASE libraries
> (like boost) to at least Jessie level?

Yes ;). I'll get you as many beers as you want to for that provided
you'll be around at this year's DebConf :).

>>> Third, my package is made for Debian Stable or newer. Your build
>>> seems to run on oldstable (boost version 1.49). I may find a solution
>>
>> No, it runs unstable (boost version 1.49). Please add a version to
>> your dependency if that is not enough.
>
> There is no mention of 1.49 in
> https://packages.debian.org/search?suite=sid&arch=m68k&mode=path&searchon=contents&keywords=boost
>  and that is what counts.
>
> And even then, none of the "ports unstable" buildds reported any such
> problems:
> http://buildd.debian-ports.org/status/package.php?p=encfs&suite=sid

Well, it encfs FTBFS on m68k, so there is apparently a bug:

> http://buildd.debian-ports.org/status/package.php?p=encfs&suite=sid

And I have a high level of trust in Torsten. If he reports something to
be broken, it *is* usually broken :).

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz