Re: Modernizing a Macintosh LC III

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 6:04 AM, Patrick McCarthy <patrickjmc@gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems that one way or another something is missing, so I either need to
> find a better kernel/ramdisk pair or else build one. I only have this one
> 68k Mac that runs 2.2 when it works, how would I build something? Would it
> be the same kernel build process as one does for x86? Is there anywhere to
> look for other prebuilt pairs?

I think the easiest way is to cross-compile your own mac_defconfig kernel.
Get a cross-compiler from:
https://www.kernel.org/pub/tools/crosstool/files/bin/x86_64/4.6.3/
(s/x86_64/i386/ if you're still in 32-bit land) and install it.

make ARCH=m68k mac_defconfig
make ARCH=m68k

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert