Re: [buildd] Vivaldi & Elgar sbuild ready, Arrakis next

On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 04:01:38PM +0000, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> Wouter Verhelst dixit:
>
> >Mmm. Actually, I'm starting to doubt if that --no-build isn't reset
> >after an installation event; it might be.
>
> Resetting it manually would be easy.

Yes, but we wouldn't *want* it to be reset.

What I mean is, I believe if you upload a package that's listed as
'not-for-us', wanna-build will then forget all about the not-for-us
state, and mark it as needs-build when the package maintainer uploads a
new version.

That's *exactly* what's not needed ;-)

> >It's probably better to add them to no-auto-build on all our buildd
> >hosts -- or, better yet, to use packages-arch-specific for that. Not
>
> I think adding one entry into one centralised database is better
> than distributing a file across all hosts or…
>
> >sure if we have that, though -- will check with aurelien. Meanwhile,
>
> … committing to P-A-S into git (I think I’ve seen it there).

Ah, good.

> >please send me a full list of all (source) packages that have and
> >require patches, so I can add them all to no-auto-build everywhere.
>
> The list is pretty dynamic… but I can try to figure them out
> and send them, yes.

If you know about p-a-s, and we have access to it, it might make more
sense to have you put it there immediately, rather than have me put all
that in distributed buildd config files -- especially if it tends to
change all the time.

Would you take that up with Aurélien? Since you seem to be putting more
time into getting the hard packages to work again, it makes sense if you
commit to p-a-s. Meanwhile I'll try to get more buildd machines up and
running ;-)

[...]
--
Copyshops should do vouchers. So that next time some bureaucracy requires you
to mail a form in triplicate, you can mail it just once, add a voucher, and