Re: Linux kernel 3.2.0-3-amiga misses Cyberstorm 1 SCSI

On Mon, 19 Nov 2012, schmitz wrote:

> No length field - must have relied on the ESP interrupt to terminate the
> transfer.

I think that for PIO, it doesn't matter. On the other hand, if there is a
DMA controller on the board, a schematic would probably answer your
question, and PIO doesn't matter.

> Does Mac ESP PIO run in some sort of coroutine?

No, and I doubt that the ESP core could accomodate that given that so much
processing happens via the interrupt handler (i.e. when interrupts are
disabled).

Finn