Re: debian/m68k's future

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 04:07:39AM +0200, Michael Schmitz wrote:

> > You still need to be a DD to upload to the ports archive unless we
> > want to forgo the possibility of recycling binaries if/should we
> > return to the main archive.
>
> Can we have a show of hands with respect to this point? I brought that up last
> year as a way to make re-inclusion easier but it is by no means clear that this
> will actually help at all.
>
> At this time, I would rather consider dropping that requirement.
>
> Survival of the port may ultimately depend more on attracting new helpers than
> on re-inclusion in the main distribution.

I'm inclined to agree. I think we'd have to have a whole lot more
interest and support in the port to make it back into sid. Things seem
to be headed in the other direction atm, so fresh enthusiasm and help
would be welcome.

We also need a plan for crest and kullervo. I think DSA is getting a bit
perturbed with us.

Peace,

Stephen

<stephen@marenka.net>