Re: debian/m68k's future

Hi,

> > Best option to get off etch in the short term, yes.
> >

> We could start here, then work towards a general lenny-m68k release.

Yep.

And I did not mean to suggest we build absolutely everything in lenny.

> > On the porting, toolchain and buildd front I've been largely silent in the last
> > months - unfortunately, that won't change in the forseeable future.
> >

> The toolchain is actually not that bad of shape, TLS aside. Most of
> the issues should clear up once we have a more modern glibc :-/

Still leaves the issue of running buildd and handling logs.

> > Helpers in those areas don't need to be Debian developers after our move to
> > ports?
> >

> You still need to be a DD to upload to the ports archive unless we
> want to forgo the possibility of recycling binaries if/should we
> return to the main archive.

Can we have a show of hands with respect to this point? I brought that up last
year as a way to make re-inclusion easier but it is by no means clear that this
will actually help at all.

At this time, I would rather consider dropping that requirement.

Survival of the port may ultimately depend more on attracting new helpers than
on re-inclusion in the main distribution.