Re: [patch 3/2] m68k: Atari EtherNAT - add writew_be for data push

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 04:09:47PM -0500, Stephen R Marenka wrote:

> >> Those patches are *not* in -8 for sid. I guess I'll have to make
> >> another run at the patch queue. (Unless cts wakes back up or someone
> >> else wants to be kernel patch dude. Hint, Hint. ;)

Sorry, I am quite happy you doing it ;-)
Also, I currently don't have a fast machine with sufficient space for
cross-compiling.

> > I'd like to have a more streamlined way of syncing Geert's patch queue -
> > can git or rsync be used for that, Geert?
>
> I'm getting it down to a repeatable art form, if not a science. Right
> now I just download everything from Geert's quilt file and rewrite it
> as a debian series file. Usually this works okay, but I have to remember
> to use the right set of patches for the right kernel. It's certainly not
> an elegant procedure. :)

Thats all I did, as long as I remembered not to include the patch that
should never be included... it breaks the whole build in really interesting
ways otherwise. It would be great if Geert submitted his patches directly to
the debian-kernel svn, since he is the one who knows best which patches go
in. Then you'd only have to take care of the experimental patches, updating
the config, fixing the builds, trying to keep up with the ever changing build
system, just the little things ;-)

Christian