Re: [patch 3/2] m68k: Atari EtherNAT - add writew_be for data push

Those patches are *not* in -8 for sid. I guess I'll have to make
another run at the patch queue. (Unless cts wakes back up or someone
else wants to be kernel patch dude. Hint, Hint. ;)

Counter-hint: I don't. I have strong misgivings about anything that involves
CVS or SVN access to kernel or d-i repositories (following -powerpc has

Getting your head around the build system is at least as much fun.

It still is? I must admit, this is what made me flee any d-i work in the first place (having built Mac installers on a Quadra ten years ago).

Providing patches for inclusion in Debian kernels is as far as I'll go.

I'll take that as a tentative no. ;)

A resounding, tentative no indeed.

Still plenty of room for everyone else! Maybe someone wants a few more
buildds? ;)

I'll bring back hobbes as soon as I've successfully test-installed etch.

I'd like to have a more streamlined way of syncing Geert's patch queue -
can git or rsync be used for that, Geert?

I'm getting it down to a repeatable art form, if not a science. Right
now I just download everything from Geert's quilt file and rewrite it
as a debian series file. Usually this works okay, but I have to remember
to use the right set of patches for the right kernel. It's certainly not
an elegant procedure. :)

Having a clear mapping from Geert's patches to Debian patches would be helpful (mostly, they should be 1:1 but there will be corner cases).

Downloading everything from Geert is what I'd like to streamline - I'll have to juggle a pristine Linus tree with Geert's queue, a development tree for my kernel hacks (all of them git), one or two known good 2.6 snapshots (also git) plus a Debian unstable and experimental one. It's getting a bit much ...

I was planning to play with testing-m68k on that box as well. Not gonna fit.