Wildfire (was: Re: Rebuild of cernlib requested on m68k)

(bringing the discussion to linux-m68k)

On Sat, 4 Sep 2004, Ingo Juergensmann wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 04, 2004 at 10:46:36PM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> > BTW, what's the problem with the Wildfire? I never saw one (except for a
> > picture), it has PCI?
>
> Yes, its NIC and SCSI are on PCI, I think...

IIRC from the pictures I once saw showed a DEC Tulip for Ethernet...

> Well, the problme is atm that there's a A2091 for SCSI and an Ariadne for
> Ethernet as long as the onboard chips are not yet supported, but the kernel
> stumbles across some IRQs, I think:
>
> http://bluespice.dyndns.org/wildfire-boot.jpg
>
> As you can see there, the kernel detects the A2091 but the SCSI commands are
> not reaching their destination.
> However, the card works under AmigaOS (both SCSI and NIC) and some

Could it be a DMA problem? I.e. the 33c93 not being able to DMA to/from
Wildfire RAM?

What kind of Amiga is this? Does it have Zorro II RAM?

> benchmarks showing a great performance because of the RAM interface (uhm,
> banks interleaved or such)...

I can imagine!

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert