Re: Rebuild of cernlib requested on m68k

On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 11:08:45AM -0400, Kevin B. McCarty wrote:

> It looks like the build of cernlib on "spice" got nuked by the OOM
> killer, see:
> http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=cernlib&ver=2004.01.20-6&arch=m68k&stamp=1094103057&file=log&as=raw
> I presume this because the error message at failure is:
> g77: Internal error: Terminated (program f771)
> Please submit a full bug report.
> See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
> For Debian GNU/Linux specific bug reporting instructions,
> see <URL:file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-3.3/README.Bugs>.

Nope, I killed the buildd because Matthias Klose requested a m68k machine
for an urgent build of gcc. When I would have known that he has chosen
another machine... well, bad luck...

> Also, Goswin von Brederlow reports having successfully compiled it on
> one of the unofficial buildds that were recently shut down.
> It's back in the build queue, but maybe some Debian Developer could
> build it on their own machine, less heavily loaded, where the build is
> less likely to be terminated?  This would require about 35-50 hours on
> m68k and ~1 GB free disk space.

I could build it again on spice, no problem, but as you know, some people in
Debian are thinking that helping other people is evil[TM]. What a waste of
ressources... *sigh*

(>>6 machines are now idle, doing nothing at all... great job, Debian!)

--
Ciao...              //
      Ingo         \X/