Re: d-i problem with Penguin-19.sit

On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 02:27:08PM +0200, Kilian Krause wrote:
> Hi Stephen,
>
> > nativehd is a netinstall.
>
> hmmm, to the unsuspecting user it sounds like "nativehd" would be "put
> all the files on hd and install from there".. maybe it should be renamed
> or at least put into some popular space.

I'm not thrilled with the name, but no one has come up with a better
one that's not easily confused with one of the other images.

> I've now tried with "root22.bin" from today's netinstall CD-Rom.. what's
> that gonna yield?

cdrom.

> > hd-media is a cdrom-based installed that used
> > an iso image instead of an actual cdrom. I have that on my todo to go into
> > the manual somewhere.
>
> Ok, excellent. Is hd-media ok for the non-businesscard, but for the
> netinstaller-iso which does have the base-system-debs included in the
> ISO?

It's designed for a cd with d-i and base on it, like netinst.

> > > Check the FAQ and add root=/dev/ram. And yes, this is already in the sarge
> > > FAQ:
> > >
> > > http://people.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/sarge/
> >
> > You will also need ramdisk_size=13000.
>

> Yep, now ramdisk_size=20000 worked too. This definitely needs to go into
> the manual too. Especially since Christian's page only told it's needed
> for woody (and leaving the user like "ok, i'm going for sarge, i don't
> need that")..

It's in the sarge manual, but obviously not clear enough.

ramdisk_size can be anything >= 13000.

Thanks,

Stephen

<stephen@marenka.net>