Re: Security? Re: Somebody build python2 for unstable (please, please!)

On Mon, Apr 30, 2001 at 10:23:53PM -0500, Alan wrote:

> Thanks for all the information about the buildd and friends system.
> Though from the descriptions it does sound like my Amiga would not be up
> to the task as a build machine. It is a bit more than a stock machine:
> 16MB RAM, ~800MB HD, AriadneII, CyberVision64. Even with the extra
> memory, complete kernel compiles are only down to about 4 hours, which
> is why I switched to do cross-compiles on my PC. Maybe I'll check into
> the idea of a general developers machine.

Yeah, having this kind of machine wouldn't be bad, although your machine
would be able to do small packages as a buildd.
And 4 hrs for a kernel are not that bad... I remember compile times of a
whole day on a 486sx25 with 8 MB Ram... ;))

--
Ciao...                    // PowerAnimator & Maya Operator
      Ingo               \X/  To boldly design where noone designed before!