Re: Security? Re: Somebody build python2 for unstable (please, please!)

On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 04:07:00PM +0000, Ken Seefried wrote:

> Am I the only one who finds it disturbing that any random person can compile
> a package and upload it to "Incoming" and it might become part of a
> distribution, or at least used to test a distribution?  Or am I missing some
> part of the process here?
Unless the package is signed by a debian developer, it will not be
processed and removed from incoming automatically (or better from the upload
queue, AFAIR you need access to a certain machine to upload to "Incoming"
directly).

I only find it disturbing, that Ingo is the only active m68k developer who
is reading this list, and although the fellow maintainers were told often
enough to ask questions like this on another list, they still send it to
this one. One day, they will not get answers anymore, since nobody (but
Ingo) bothers and they will think, oh, m68k is dead. Good, lets close all
those bugs.

Christian
--
http://people.debian.org/~cts/