Re: Security? Re: Somebody build python2 for unstable (please, please!)

"Christian T. Steigies" wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 04:07:00PM +0000, Ken Seefried wrote:
> >
> > Am I the only one who finds it disturbing that any random person can compile
> > a package and upload it to "Incoming" and it might become part of a
> > distribution, or at least used to test a distribution?  Or am I missing some
> > part of the process here?
> Unless the package is signed by a debian developer, it will not be
> processed and removed from incoming automatically (or better from the upload
> queue, AFAIR you need access to a certain machine to upload to "Incoming"
> directly).
>
> I only find it disturbing, that Ingo is the only active m68k developer who
> is reading this list, and although the fellow maintainers were told often
             ^^^^^^^^^
Which list are you refering to here: debian-m68k or m68k-build(one I had
never heard about) or another one? I'm confused, probably because I
don't know all the aspects of being a developer.

I also went to the m68k.debian.org site that Ingo mentioned, where I
read about the buildd system; very interesting. I don't know if I want
to do it, but is there somewhere that describes the detailed
requirements for putting a machine on the buildd system? I have an
A3000/25 (may be too slow for this usage) that has set around idle most
of the time, though I'm trying to get back into doing some developement.
Does a buildd machine have to be dedicated to that purpose?