Re: Security? Re: Somebody build python2 for unstable (please, please!)

On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 01:40:26PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:

> Well, I'm here, on both lists, and I'm willing to be counted as fresh blood
> for the m68k porting and maintenance effort.

Good to hear. :-))
(At least I'm considering myself not as a developer, but that's another
story ;))

> I have already begun contributing in small ways.  The first item on my
> agenda is working with Michael Schmitz et al. to try and get the NCR 53c94
> driver on the Quadrda AV's from sucking so badly.

Hope the best you get it work. :-)
(so you can focus on m68k XF4 port ;))

> If that doesn't work, I may have to try building things over NFS.  This box
> can read from ethernet faster than the drive.

Ehm, well, I planned that for arrakis, too, but chroot not really likes NFS
mounted drives. That's why I had to clean up my AmigaFFS disk and put a
loopback file on it.
May be chroot can be changed to do file operations in a NFS friendly why?

--
Ciao...                    // PowerAnimator & Maya Operator
      Ingo               \X/  To boldly design where noone designed before!