Re: Security? Re: Somebody build python2 for unstable (please, please!)

On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, Ingo Juergensmann wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 12:10:03PM -0500, Alan wrote:
>
> > > I only find it disturbing, that Ingo is the only active m68k developer who
> > > is reading this list, and although the fellow maintainers were told often
> >              ^^^^^^^^^
> > Which list are you refering to here: debian-m68k or m68k-build(one I had
>
> Christian meant debian-68k list.

And even then he's wrong ;-)

(But, granted, I'm only reading this list for about a week now)

<snip>

[buildd on A3000/25]

> > Does a buildd machine have to be dedicated to that purpose?
>
> Uhm, well, actually it is not exclusively necessary to dedicate a buildd to
> only this purpose. My buildd i.e. runs some (very low traffic) mailing lists
> and a *very* very small innd. It's multitasking, though... ;))
> But a 030-25 is not really the fastest machine on earth and every app
> running in background will significantly increase build times.

Doesn't this go for most all m68k-boxes these days? ;-)

<snip>

Anyway, I've got a Centris 650 here too, which is mainly being used as
"input device" for my other system (who's monitor is broken).

Which means it's got lots of spare CPU-cycles, but OTOH it's got 16MB of
RAM (and I can probably still add some) and lots of diskspace, both
on an old 4.1GB server disk (very fun, that one) and on NFS (My
workstation is switched off at night, but it's got 40 Gigs, so when it's
really necessary, I could probably get some more space there). So I
compiled the buildd-package

However, I've not been able to find out how to configure buildd and
friends to automagically download and compile stuff. Could anyone help me
out here?

--
wouter dot verhelst at advalvas in belgium
#ifdef NOT_A_GODDAMN_YANK