Re: 2.2.16 kernel-images

On Wed, Oct 04, 2000 at 01:58:58PM +0200, Christian T. Steigies wrote:

> If it all works out, I would like to use this kernel for the next
> boot-flopies version. For this we probably need a kernel-patch package, but
> I see no 2.2.16 kernel-source... Nick?
Ok everybody, please reply to the list and not in PM. I got a few more
problems right now and I can not handle all the single emails.
Seems there are enough volunteers to test the kernel-images, I will tell you
when its ready and where it will be. Just one thing, I will not fix any
other drivers, you know where the source is, fix it yourself.
2.2.16 built fine last night (with gcc2.9.5!) except for the CyberStorm MK3
driver, a header file is missing. It is running fine, no problems so far,
lets see if it survives until tonight. I do expect problems with the GVP11
driver...
I will build a kernel-image tonight. If Nick is listening, can you test this
version on vme? Can you build a vme kernel-image? Can you create the patch
package? I never did that, I don't quite know against what I should build
the patch, there is no 2.2.16 source in debian.
Id love to hear from mac users, please everybody try to build and test this
version on mac. Its a bit difficult to have two different kernel versions in
the boot-floppies for mac...

Christian
--
http://www.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/potato