Re: M68K boot floppies / CDs

"Christian T. Steigies" <cts@debian.org> writes:

> I think one reason why "we" did not react in time is, that all the problems
> were reported to the users (aka debian-68k) list. Not all of "us" are
> reading this list, or at least not very intensively, for various reasons.
> If you want to reach "us", you should write to m68k-build@nocrew.org

I'm afraid that that is not at all apparent to someone that's not
closely involved with the m68k port.  Perhaps some sort of pointer
should be put somewhere so that there's some chance of the mails going
to the right place.

We seem not to be closing the feedback loop that is required to make
things work.  Not only are bug reports falling by the wayside (my
fault for not mailing them to the right place, probably), but when
they do get to someone in the know, their attempts are not getting all
the way through the procedure that might actually result in them
being installed on the archive.

What can we do to fix this?

Does each port need someone who is responsible for it overall?

Should I have reported this as a bug against debian-m68k, or some such?

Cheers, Phil.