Y2K

Hi,
i read something about y2k problems during boot here, nothing like this
happens on my side. There was a small glitch when I first booted my amiga in
the not-yet-next millenium. hwclock said I had illegal values in my "CMOS"
clock and could not read it. During shutdown it seems hwclock could write
the current (correct even) date to the "CMOS" clock, it was still ok under
AOS (date reporting 01.01.100, that seems to be ok for AOS). During the next
reboots hwclock could read the "CMOS" clock again and everything is fine
since then. This was all tested with potato of course, linux-2.0.36. I did
boot slink after this as well, no problems there (slink is still using the
very old hwclock from hamm, which I hacked into the slink util-linux). Maybe
I would have had problem if I had first booted slink and not potato? No idea
and I dont want to test that now.

BTW, where does this mktime() call come from, two people reported problems
with this? I have no mktime executable and I did not see it in the kernel
sources at first glance.

Happy new Year,
Christian
--
Read the FAQ!                     http://www.linux-m68k.org/faq/faq.html
Download the FAQ!   ftp://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/Linux/680x0/FAQ/FAQ.gz