Re: M68K boot floppies / CDs
- To: Philip Hands <email@example.com>
- Cc: Michael Schmitz <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "J.A. Bezemer" <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: M68K boot floppies / CDs
- From: "Christian T. Steigies" <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 14:15:27 +0100
- Message-id: <20000103141527.A17088@ap031.experimentalphysik.uni-kiel.de>
- Mail-followup-to: Philip Hands <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Michael Schmitz <email@example.com>, "J.A. Bezemer" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>; from email@example.com on Mon, Jan 03, 2000 at 12:47:37PM +0000
- References: <Pine.LNX.3.96.1000101122918.6488Afirstname.lastname@example.org> <Pine.LNX.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, Jan 03, 2000 at 12:47:37PM +0000, Philip Hands wrote:
> To summarise, if you want CDs for your architecture, do whatever
> it takes to get the archive into a valid state, tell me you've done
> it, grab a copy of the CD once I've made it, and tell me it works.
"We" did not cry for the CDs, it was a commercial vendor that demanded them.
"I" am quite happy with my private mirror at home.
> Then I'll sign the MD5SUMS and we can all get on with something useful.
I think one reason why "we" did not react in time is, that all the problems
were reported to the users (aka debian-68k) list. Not all of "us" are
reading this list, or at least not very intensively, for various reasons.
If you want to reach "us", you should write to email@example.com
But as Michael pointed out, "we" are only a handful of developers, lacking
time and motivation maybe. If a CD vendor wants CDs images to make money
with, I would find it fair, if the vendor invested a little time into this
as well. If not, he/she should be patiant (you know how slow m68k machines
just my two cents, in no way approved by debian or any other m68k developer.