Re: [Debconf-team] Patch to DebConf orgateam structure

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 01:26:23PM -0400, Tassia Camoes Araujo wrote:
> After the orga sprint and other conversations during DC15 we (the Chairs) have
> adapted the orgateam structure to address people's requests and our own
> perception of needs. We have shaped those changes together with the dc16 people
> to make sure we agree on a platform to work together in the following year. We
> hope those changes reflect our conversations.
>
> Note that I've made edits directly to the wiki, but it doesn't mean that that
> is the final structure. Please consider this message as a request for comments.
>
> https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/Teams
>
> Please read the whole wiki for more details and context, but here is a summary
> of changes from dc15 to dc16 structure:
>
> 1) Split of infra and video teams
> 2) Creation of Social activities and Treasurer teams
> 3) Implementation of a Facilities team
> 4) Different composition for coordination team: key local organizers, the
>    DebConf Chairs, and possibly members of past years coordination
> 5) Bid process was removed from coord team responsibilities and attibuted to
>    the Chairs

What I am missing (or maybe overlooked) are the rationales for those.
I.e. was this discussed somewhere other than at the orga sprint (which I
unfortunately missed due to a dayjob conflict) and between the chairs
and the DC16 people?

So I think splitting infra and video and adding a treasurer team
probably makes sense, maybe less so for social activities.

I am worried that the coordination team was apparently changed without
consent from the team (or at least its lead) itself.

Alse the content team scheduled an on-site meeting on short-notice at
which all the chairs participated, but is not clear to me that this is
because two of the three chairs are members of the content team and the
thirs one was basically also a member due to summit<->schedule
interactions during DebConf, or whether this was a potential review
discussions of the chairs with the team. Then on the other hand, there
don't seem to be any changes to the content team, so maybe no discussion
was considered needed by the chairs.

Finally, I am also worried about the bid process.  I think we dropped
the ball way too much for DC16 (but things seem to have turned out fine)
before the bid deadline. If the chairs want to take over, I'd at least
expect some clear plan on how things should work out during the entire
bid process.

Michael