Re: [Debconf-team] On the facilities team

also sprach Tassia Camoes Araujo <tassia@debian.org> [2015-08-31 05:18 +0200]:
> Even if Facilities team is largely composed by local people, we
> expected that some experienced members would be there to follow
> the key decisions, at least as advisors.

My counter-proposal has that in form of mentors. The key thing you
are missing is that the DebConf cycle is 2 years, not one. By the
time your "facilities" team is busy doing DCx, DCx+1 is already
engaging with the venue. Hence, my proposal was for a mentor/advisor
to support DCx and another support DCx+1, working in parallel.

Sure, you can unite those people in the "facilities team", but
what additional value do you see in that, which justifies the extra
bureaucratic burden?

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf16: Cape Town: https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16