Re: [Debconf-team] DC15 - Sprints during DebCamp (and DebConf)

On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 01:20:22PM -0500, Tiago Bortoletto Vaz wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 07:15:27PM +0100, Margarita Manterola wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > > The point is: what about those who have a non-sprint plan?
> > > Will they be considered by boursaries team?
> >
> > The bursaries team will need to decide what they will do, and nothing
> > in my mail claimed otherwise.
> >
> > We want to strongly encourage people to participate in the sprints and
> > see how that goes.
> >
> > The goal of the sprints is to help people work in teams, both for
> > those that want people to work with them and for those that want to
> > help but are unsure how. The goal is not to magically solve the
> > problem that some people don't work during DebCamp (those people could
> > sign up for a sprint and then don't do anything anyway).
> >
> > My mail INTENTIONALLY doesn't say that participating in a sprint is a
> > requirement for DebCamp because this was criticized in the original
> > proposal. It says that bursaries should take into account sprint
> > participation, not the other way round.
>
> Fine then.
>
> Can we have a word from bursaries team on this?

I'm sorry, but don't think it is a decision to be made by the bursaries team.
We are not talking about the evaluation of bursary requests, we are talking
about the DebCamp we want to have. And about how much structure to we need (or
want) for it. It is much broader then what bursaries folks should be dealing
with.

IMHO, it would fit the realm of the coordination team, and this list seems to
be a good channel for the discussion.

Tassia.