Re: [Debconf-team] DC15 - Sprints during DebCamp (and DebConf)

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 3:39 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:

>> This is not a silver bullet to avoid people coming to DebCamp on
>> vacation.  But we think it's something that will help many people make
>> the most of that time.
> [quoting my mail to content@debconf.org]
> I beg to disagree.  While I certainly would find a sprint topic I see no
> reason at all to force people into defining a sprint topic in contrast
> to a certain work plan.  I considered DebCamp always a very productive
> time and pressing people into predefined workplans might IMHO reduce
> the creative environment.

You seem to not have realized that I did not say the same thing of
whatever was discussed in content@ (because I'm not in that alias, i
don't really know the exact details of what was discussed).

Nowhere in my mail I said that participation in a sprint was a
requirement. The idea is that it will simplify the DebCamp plan into
being "I'll participate in the Sprint X" for the people that will
participate in a sprint.

> Yes.  I never had the impression that people are doing vacation at
> DebCamp.  While we had some non-hacking activities at DebCamp this
> was no difference to DebConf and this is IMHO part of the sense of
> meeting Debianistas.

Well, other people had other impressions. But I explicitly stated
quite a bunch of goal which are not to avoid people on vacation.
Please evaluate those goals instead.

--
Besos,
Marga