Re: [Debconf-team] Length of morning sessions (was: General schedule proposal for dc15)

Michael Banck dijo [Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 12:15:55PM +0200]:
> On Sun, Sep 21, 2014 at 11:40:37PM +0200, Margarita Manterola wrote:
> > 10:00 - Keynote (no parallels)
>
> I think having a Keynote every day dilutes the idea of it being a
> Keynote.  I'd say we could have a Keynote on each of the opening weekend
> days.  So first off, I'd call this more generally a "plenary session"
> instead, but that's semantics.
>
> The other question is whether we can assemble a schedule with a useful
> plenary session every day.  I guess we can, if we assume we will have
> two lightning talk rounds during the week (maybe Tuesday and Friday), so
> only have to fill 2-3 plenary slots.

Right. A "keynote" even sounds to me as it meant, "you could probably
skip all other sessions, but be sure to listen to the key notes of the
conference. That's where the important people speak". I think "plenary
session" is less semantically charged, and aligns better to a
conference such as ours.