Re: [Debconf-team] Length of morning sessions (was: General schedule proposal for dc15)

Hi,

On Sun, Sep 21, 2014 at 8:53 PM, martin f krafft <madduck@debconf.org> wrote:
> also sprach Margarita Manterola <margamanterola@gmail.com> [2014-09-21 18:00 +0200]:
>> This hasn't been agreed on.
> I was pretty sure we had mostly agreed on this being a good idea.
> What sort of agreement do you want? This is something worthwhile
> trying out, so why drag our feet?

What hasn't been agreed is the amount of time spent for this.  I think
that pushing everything to 10:30 because of this is not a useful way
of spending our time. I believe 15 minutes should be enough for both
announcements and raffle.

> I think you are underestimating the time it takes to fill and clear
> a large venue room.

I've been thinking about this. If the point of the raffle and the
announcements -as has been said- is to bring people together, then we
don't want to go splitting them into separate rooms immediately
afterwards.

Therefore, I propose this structure for the morning session
09:45 - Announcements and Raffle
10:00 - Keynote (no parallels)
11:00 to 13:00 - Concurrent talks (2 to 4 slots, depending on length)

This means less talk slots, yes, but I think that it will also mean a
better result both for the announcements/raffle and the first speaker
in the morning.

I agree that we will likely need to put concurrent talks in the
afternoon as well, at least on some of the days.

--
Besos,
Marga