Re: [Debconf-team] General schedule proposal for dc15

also sprach Maximiliano Curia <maxy@debian.org> [2014-09-20 19:52 +0200]:
> Regarding the events, during the weekends this would be just
> talks. But during the weekdays I think it would be nice to have
> some adhoc talks time and some time for open hacking sessions.

We don't really have much weekend time, especially considering tnat
we are planning an opening weekend. The next Saturday is already the
final conference day and we are off on Sunday. I believe just three
days of talks with all the other days without talks in the afternoon
will mean too few slots. Generally, I'd be fine with that, but we'd
have to select very strongly based on quality, and I am not sure we
are ready to do this.

In my response to Maxy, at
https://lists.debian.org/debconf15-team/2014/09/msg00032.html,
I suggested to have "presentation days" and "free days", and have
the two of each during the week.

Hacking time — I prefer to call it "free time" — is fine, but that
should not be the primary focus of our conference, especially not if
there is DebCamp before…

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf15: Heidelberg, Germany: http://debconf15.debconf.org