Re: [Debconf-team] Payment options?

Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> writes:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 12:03:41AM +0200, Philipp Hug wrote:
>>
>> Yes, we'll allow both Credit Card (PayPal) and wire transfer.
>
> I do not have a PayPal account (and I do not plan to change this).

As far as I understand it, you don't need a PayPal account to send money
to a PayPal address by credit card. Philipp, can you confirm this?

I can understand that one does not want to use the services provided by
PayPal or any credit cards at all for various reasons. But I don't think
PayPal is any worse than all other credit card services or any other
online payment system. At least I don't know any system where I see
substantial differences (for privacy, surveilance, data mining, feeding
big (US) corporations, ...). If someone knows something which is easy to
use (for DebConf as for attendees) and ethically better aligned with
Debian, we are certainly open to use something different.

Gaudenz

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.