Re: [Debconf-team] Payment options?

As far as I understand it, you don't need a PayPal account to send money
to a PayPal address by credit card. Philipp, can you confirm this?

Correct, you don't need an account. We just use them as credit card processor.

I can understand that one does not want to use the services provided by
PayPal or any credit cards at all for various reasons. But I don't think
PayPal is any worse than all other credit card services or any other
online payment system. At least I don't know any system where I see
substantial differences (for privacy, surveilance, data mining, feeding
big (US) corporations, ...). If someone knows something which is easy to
use (for DebConf as for attendees) and ethically better aligned with
Debian, we are certainly open to use something different.

I looked at a few other options but most require monthly maintenance fees and/or are only available to US merchants.
e.g. I looked at Google Checkout and Dwolla, which I'd prefer over Paypal, but they're both not available in Switzerland.

Philipp