[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf Committee meeting (for DC14): Friday March 22, 17:00UTC

On 2013-03-18 20:15, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
I do feel that, given that we have slipped quite a bit on our schedule
*and* that we have got acknowledgements from both teams *and* that
questions have been actively raised on the lists for the last week at
least (and a call for further questions is semi-constant), we could
try to merge them. If there is not much more to just ask about, we
could try to streamline the process.

I don't feel that our slowness in the early stages of the bid process is a good reason to rush the most important parts. And I haven't seen *that* many questions answered about the bids to make me assume we're ready for an informed decision on a venue this week.

Equally, it's not clear to me how much all the members of the DebConf Committee have had, or will have before Friday, to deeply examine the bids.

In addition to that, there are a number of extra steps that need to be done before the decision meeting, including extra documents to be posted to the list by the bids. It doesn't (for example) seem fair to me to ask the bids at short notice to rush out versions of those important documents in time for us to consider them before Friday.


Reply to: