Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf13 sponsorship brochure: last details

On 20/10/12 12:00, Raphael Walther wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> Le jeudi 18 octobre 2012 à 14:42 +0200, Daniel Pocock a écrit :
>
>> I think we should apply for sponsorship for both possible cantons/venues
>> - they are both valid options if we get sponsorship
>>
> I am not confortable with applying for support the local tourist office
> if we don't know where the conference will be. So I will wait until the
> next IRC meeting which is Monday CEST 20h (18h UTC).

This is quite normal in many contexts.  We simply have to tell them that
we have a serious plan for a possible conference within the boundaries
of the canton.  We can show them the proposed contract (without
signatures) from Le Camp to show that we have researched everything
thoroughly and can really proceed if they give us funding.

>> I would also suggest that if we sign the Le Camp contract, we put in a
>> clause that says it is conditional on the sponsorship - so we can abort
>> the contract without penalty if the sponsorship does not eventuate.
>>
> Would be nice but would you accept such a contract if you were in the
> shoes of the manager of "Le Camp" ?

I would be more than happy to accept such a contract if I was in his
shoes - but I would probably insist that there is a deadline of January
or February for the conclusion of conditional funding agreements.  That
way all parties can walk away without major loss to seek alternatives if
the funding solution doesn't work.