Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf13 sponsorship brochure: last details

On 18/10/12 14:34, Raphael Walther wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I had an interesting conversation with somebody from "Trois-lacs et
> Jura" [1] which is the tourist office responsible for Vaumarcus.
>
> She told me it may be possible to get support from them because our
> event has an international impact. I mean people from abroad will
> discover the region. She told me that I should quickly adresse a
> request.
>
> Regarding the private sponsor she said that we are late because the
> marketing budget 2013 are closing.
>
> Le jeudi 18 octobre 2012 à 13:35 +0200, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud a écrit :
>
>> Le jeudi, 18 octobre 2012 09.15:51, Luca Capello a écrit :
>> My personal opinion is that LeCamp is still the most probable venue and that
>> sponsors don't care "that much" about the place. So if we drop "Vaumarcus / Le
>> Camp" from the brochure, we should run another logo contest or drop it from
>> the brochure.
>>
> So, I disagree because there are also local sponsors interested.
>
> [1] http://www.neuchateltourisme.ch/en/home.html
>
> What do I do now ?

I think we should apply for sponsorship for both possible cantons/venues
- they are both valid options if we get sponsorship

But because we can't force the hand of the sponsors, we need to apply
for both cantons and hope that at least one of them likes DebConf.  If
we are lucky enough to be offered sponsorship in two cantons, then some
decision needs to be made.

I would also suggest that if we sign the Le Camp contract, we put in a
clause that says it is conditional on the sponsorship - so we can abort
the contract without penalty if the sponsorship does not eventuate.