Re: [Debconf-team] Question for DebConf12 bids: Costs

Hi Moray.

Excerpts from Moray Allan's message of Dom Mar 20 11:02:21 -0300 2011:
(...)
> If you were chosen for DebConf11, would you be able to find a
> different alternative venue?

We are still looking, until today.  We are now talking with people we konw that
have made events on the place we have in mind, and their opinion reflects what
we're going through: it's a great place, but it's hard to get things moving
there.  We still don't have the prices, though.

If we were chosen, we would find another place, that attends the price
expectations, possibly this one we have in mind.  Another option is to search
for hotels that doesn't have conference facilities, but are near universities
or conference buildings.

> As discussed, US$80 per person per night is probably more than we can
> pay, unless you find some very generous local sponsorship.  If you
> were told you could only spend at most US$30 (and preferably less) per
> person per night, what would you do?

We would look for alternative places, as said before.  I believe one thing that
we should have made different was that we focused our search too much on hotels
with conference rooms, and we didn't consider conference rooms that have hotels
nearby.  We should have done this before, but as we didn't, that's what I'd
work on.

Greetings.
(...)
--