Re: [Debconf-team] The relationship between DIVA and SPI in terms of sponsorship money

> On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 9:29 PM, Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:
>
> So, we'll either make an agreement between Debian (SPI) and DIVA, stating DIVA
> will handle money for DebConf11 (and Debian will pay any debts or DIVA will
> give a surplus to Debian) *or* DIVA wants to become a trusted Debian
> organisation in Bosnia (and then basically the same as plan A).
>
> If I understand correctly, these are our options. And then I think, they are
> not exclusive: we can do a.) first (=now) and plan b.) too.
>
> (And then we can still+also collect money via SPI+ffis too.)

Sounds good, both options work for DIVA as well. Who's going to make
this agreement?

> Is that the way we should be going now? (/me thinks of much smaller DebConfs
> with much smaller budgets... ;)

Happy thoughts? :)

On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 8:45 AM, Richard Darst <rkd@zgib.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 08, 2011 at 11:23:09PM +0000, Adnan Hodzic wrote:
>
>> After DebConf9 and my bid presentation for DebConf11 in Bosnia, I
>> participated in building this NGO from the ground up. I’m also the
>> author of the organization’s website, where you can find more
>> information: www.diva.ba
>
> Global people, it can be useful to check out these two pages.  Use
> some online translator from croatian:
>
> - http://diva.ba/?page_id=2  (about)
> - http://diva.ba/?page_id=6  (mission)
>

> Here are some questions:
>
> I don't see prominent mentions of Free Software, except the DebConf
> parts.  It seems to be much more general organization.

After I built the website, I haven't touched it a lot more, you'll see
that it even still has the "beta" label. Either way, let me know what
exactly should it say in Free Software context and I'll make sure it
appears there.

> Who is on the board of directors?  What is its charter?  Who does the
> board report to?

Well since I was in this organization since its inception I believe
I'm on the board of directors as well. Everybody talks to each other
before any decision is being made there has to be a general agreement
among members, a consensus.

> To give context about money-holding organizations, SPI and FFIS are
> both designed for softwae and information related purposes.  Both have
> a formal relationship with Debian, and there is a Debian liason in the
> project to these organizations.  Also, as an extra level of
> association, Debian Members work prominently in both of these
> organizations.

For DIVA I personally would be that person.

> I hope this puts both DIVA and SPI/FFIS in context, so we can work out
> how to handle things.

It does for me.

Adnan