Re: [Debconf-team] Sorting out the budget

On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 7:49 PM, Richard Darst <rkd@zgib.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 08, 2011 at 05:45:27PM +0200, Velimir Iveljic wrote:

>> > Although this will not affect what we do (I think), but did you notice
>> > that there are seven people listed there?  Also, according to a past
>> > email, only three people would have counted as BL-locals during
>> > DebConf.
>> >
>> > I did some more calculations and handling the travel sponsorship of
>> > Adnan's google people is still cheaper, but not by how 7395km makes us
>> > think.
>> >
>> > - Richard
>> >
>> > --
>> >

>> 2 people were in bosnia for the time of DebCamp, they were then moved to Palas.
>> 3 people were in Vidovic during DebCamp and DebConf.
>
> OK, what was above is quite confusing.  Also, the moves happened
> partway through DebCamp, further reducing the costs, correct?

Yeah, the moves happened after the second day if i remember correctly,
so i did make a mistake in the calculations, sorry!

>> The numbers were not given to me by DIVA, these are mine calculations,
>> which i made with the prices of the hotels we had (since diva told me
>> that is how much it will cost).
>
> I just want to make sure numbers added up, since it is best to not
> take money matters on faith.

I fully understand and agree!

>> If you don't like this, i can speak to diva and get everything back as it was.
>
> No, I am not asking for that, I am just trying to check all details
> given the lack of accountability DIVA has shown thus far.  I wanted to
> avoid DIVA saying "pay 1500€ to save yourself 2000€" when 3000€ is
> actually 1000€, for example.

DIVA didn't do that, they just wanted to make things easier as i
understood it. (yeah, it sounds "unreal" but i say we go with it).

> To make it clear: you should still assume that DebConf will pay the
> Google speakers' travel costs.

Great!