Re: [Debconf-team] Sorting out the budget

On Mon, Aug 08, 2011 at 05:45:27PM +0200, Velimir Iveljic wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 4:49 PM, Richard Darst <rkd@zgib.net> wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 05, 2011 at 03:50:54PM +0200, Velimir Iveljic wrote:
> >
> >> Also, about what adnan talked about on IRC the other day:
> >> Diva asks if you would be willing to pay for the full travel costs of
> >> the 2 Google people (Jesus and Guido) and in return they would pay the
> >> accommodation and other costs (food, etc.) for the 5 people from Banja
> >> Luka.
> >> (Just to note that the situation with the 5 people has already been
> >> "argued" between us (debconf) and DIVA and agreed that the cost will
> >> be covered from the "debconf global" budget. If you want to start this
> >> discussion again let me know :D).
> >>
> >>  By my calculations the cost of the accommodation is:
> >>
> >> 5400 KM – Vidovic (3 persons)
> >> 945 KM – Palas (2 persons)
> >> 1050 KM – Bosna (2 persons)
> >> ---------------------------------------------
> >> 7395 KM   Total
> >
> > Although this will not affect what we do (I think), but did you notice
> > that there are seven people listed there?  Also, according to a past
> > email, only three people would have counted as BL-locals during
> > DebConf.
> >
> > I did some more calculations and handling the travel sponsorship of
> > Adnan's google people is still cheaper, but not by how 7395km makes us
> > think.
> >
> > - Richard
> >
> > --
> > | Richard Darst  -  rkd@          -  boltzmann: up 748 days, 11:32
> > |            http://rkd.zgib.net  -  pgp 0xBD356740
> > | "Ye shall know the truth and -- the truth shall make you free"
> >

> 2 people were in bosnia for the time of DebCamp, they were then moved to Palas.
> 3 people were in Vidovic during DebCamp and DebConf.

OK, what was above is quite confusing.  Also, the moves happened
partway through DebCamp, further reducing the costs, correct?

> The numbers were not given to me by DIVA, these are mine calculations,
> which i made with the prices of the hotels we had (since diva told me
> that is how much it will cost).

I just want to make sure numbers added up, since it is best to not
take money matters on faith.

> If you don't like this, i can speak to diva and get everything back as it was.

No, I am not asking for that, I am just trying to check all details
given the lack of accountability DIVA has shown thus far.  I wanted to
avoid DIVA saying "pay 1500€ to save yourself 2000€" when 3000€ is
actually 1000€, for example.

To make it clear: you should still assume that DebConf will pay the
Google speakers' travel costs.

Thanks,

- Richard