Re: [Debconf-team] DC10 housing and timing options/info

Ana Guerrero dijo [Wed, Sep 09, 2009 at 09:15:29PM +0200]:
> No surprisingly, I agree with the european vision of bubulle. June is usually a
> busy month at work because you are trying to finish stuff before going on
> holidays.
>
> An interesting detail about DC7, given that the conference venue was easy to
> reach for europeans, a lot of people who could not come to whole week, could
> attend only a few days. We had a significant number of people arriving later
> or leaving earlier if you compare with others years.

Umh, I think it was the opposite effect - It was IMO way easier to get
to Edinburgh than anywhere else so far (i.e. in the same city as a
major airport hub - Something neither Oslo, Porto Alegre, Helsinki,
Oaxtepec, Mar del Plata nor Cáceres could say), with cheap flights
from all over Europe, so people didn't really have to think twice
about jumping there for just a day or three. And yes, many people were
just present for a brief couple of days.

Was that better or worse than other occasions? Well, both, as
different factors weigh in :) Many people were swarmed by the amount
of people present. I know I didn't even say 'hi' to many people I'd
have loved to have a conversation with. OTOH, I got to know more
people than what I'd have under other circumstances. Some people I
wanted to work some details with left earlier than what I expected.

Anyway, you might have heard... There is no silver bullet. And bullets
serve very well as spoons. Which also are not.

--
Gunnar Wolf • gwolf@gwolf.org • (+52-55)5623-0154 / 1451-2244