Re: [Debconf-team] DC10 housing and timing options/info

On Wed, Sep 09, 2009 at 06:13:06PM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Quoting gregor herrmann (gregor+debian@comodo.priv.at):
> > On Wed, 09 Sep 2009 07:20:53 +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> >
> > > Still, my general feeling is that Debconfs that happened in July
> > > (DC3, DC5, DC7, DC9) and even August (DC8) were easier to cope with
> > > than those that happened in May (DC4, DC6). [ ..] On the other
> > > hand, we have no experience with Debconfs happening in June.
> >
> > "DebConf7 took place from Sunday 17 to Saturday 23 June 2007, in
> > Edinburgh, Scotland."
> > (https://debconf7.debconf.org/wiki/Main_Page)
>
> Arg, that's what happens when working from memory..:-)
>
> I didn't even remember this, indeed. That balances my argument quite a
> bit then because, IIRC, DC7 had a quite high attendees number (I even
> remember feeling that it was "too" crowded...probably influenced by
> the fact that there were (imho) too many talks).

No surprisingly, I agree with the european vision of bubulle. June is usually a
busy month at work because you are trying to finish stuff before going on
holidays.

An interesting detail about DC7, given that the conference venue was easy to
reach for europeans, a lot of people who could not come to whole week, could
attend only a few days. We had a significant number of people arriving later
or leaving earlier if you compare with others years.

Ana