Re: [Debconf-team] DC10 housing and timing options/info

Hi Steve,

On Tue, Sep 08, 2009 at 06:05:58PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> I thought the plan was to target June? I've not seen any discussion about
> July anywhere...

I'm sorry if I gave you that impression. The plan was always a lot more
uncertain than that, since we have to fit within the constraints of Columbia's
housing office and the school within Columbia that's hosting our
talks/hacklab/food, not to mention a variety of different and conflicting
vacation and exam schedules across the wide range of attendees.

When we talked about it last, June was indeed our preferred target. When the
DC10 local team discussed it during a meeting on April 30, as
http://meetbot.debian.net/debconf-nyc/2009/debconf-nyc.log.20090430_0000.html#61
will show you, July was slightly preferred.

Now, it could be either June or July, depending on how many beds we want in how
many different buildings, and such. There is a complication where Columbia is
hosting an ACM conference that would cause space conflict issues for at least
part of DebCamp/Conf if we do the second half of June, and the first half of
June involves exams at too many universities. So July makes slightly more
sense, except for your vacation plans of course, as previously discussed.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@debian.org