Re: [Debconf-team] Keynotes and group photo

I am adding a Cc: to Aigars here - I think he is the right person to
come up with your arguments :) I am quoting everything related to the
group photo from your mail:

Andreas Tille dijo [Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 11:47:11PM +0200]:
> (...)
> Moreover we have to do a decision about group photo.
>
> I would strongly suggest to do this outside the normal
> event scheduling times.  The rationale behind this is
> that it would consume the slots of three events (one in
> each talk room) and we probably have a quite filled
> schedule anyway.
>
> From a photographers point of view the middle of the
> day does not make very good light.  But from an organisational
> point of view it is easier to assemble "all" people after they
> met together visiting the talks rather than getting all together
> at 17:00 before the tracks at 18:00 start again.  I bet that
> several people will either forget, will be late for a large
> time and people will be forced to hang around stupidly a long
> time.
>
> Ahh - it might be reasonable to decide whether the shot will
> be done inside or outside.  I remember we were inside in
> Oslo which would make the consideration about sun light void.
>
> What do you think might be the best time for the group photo.

I think we could schedule it right before a dinner session - yes, it
would clash with the talks time before, but the time for reassembling
the group will be eaten by the dinner time. It could even be sensible
to do it on our way to the fancy formal dinner, so we all take our
photos with our ties on. No, really - Formal dinner is usually the
only moment where all of the group agrees to go out in a semi-compact
way; I understand we will have sun in Spain until ~22:00, so the
session might very well be 18:00-19:00.

Greetings,

--
Gunnar Wolf • gwolf@gwolf.org • (+52-55)5623-0154 / 1451-2244