Re: [Debconf-team] Minutes from 2009 April 27 Meeting

Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> And at night, well, some buses will be probably used, but many

people will want to walk back (I expect it not to be _that_ hot
anymore by 23:00!) or to go elsewhere in Cáceres for some $(( drink + tapas)).

Christian Perrier wrote:
What about getting closer from a bike rental company?

In the situation that is likely to happen, I'd be delighted to be able
to rent a bike to move around over there and not depend on buses.

So that you're discussing something concrete, this is the 5.5 km (3 ½ mile) route from the medical centre to the main accommodation building (where most people will stay/where meals and nighttime hacking were supposed to be):
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=2774615

It might be possible to take a more direct shortcut over the hills/through the fields: e.g. http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=2774630 would cut it down to 4.9 km (3 miles).

Even for the second route, the first 2 km or so seem to require going along a dual carriageway (en_US: divided highway?) without any pavement (en_US: sidewalk), which from the satellite view doesn't appear ideal for either walking or cycling.

--
Moray