Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf10 - call for Location proposals

<[🔎] a90bfcf0808120727g321fe946x4b3782335bd12bf8@mail.gmail.com> <[🔎] 48A1AA10.90005@debian.org>

On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 12:19:44 -0300, José Miguel Parrella Romero wrote:
> In order to enter Brazil and Argentina we venezuelans are asked to have
> a yellow fever shot. This means you have to go to a hospital, waste half
> an hour of your time there and then go to another office and waste a
> couple hours more waiting for your "yellow book" to be stamped. I recall
> having one of these shots once and I lost two days of work since my arm
> was numb because of the shot.

The web suggests that Venezuela also requires these certificates for
travellers from countries affected by yellow fever.

Also for travellers from the UK (not affected!):

"A Yellow Fever vaccination certificate is not a requirement to enter
Venezuela, but there have been cases where officials have illegitimately
fined travellers who have been unable to produce such a certificate.
Some airlines travelling to Venezuela will insist you have a Yellow Fever
vaccination jab before boarding the plane unless you can produce your
vaccination certificate.  You are advised to check with your airline
before travelling to Venezuela."

from
http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travelling-and-living-overseas/travel-advice-by-country/south-america/venezuela
(which also contains some other stuff worth looking over)

--
Moray