Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf10 - call for Location proposals

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 7:52 PM, martin f krafft <madduck@debconf.org> wrote:
> I am personally very opposed to a DebConf in the US, mainly because
> I wouldn't be able to attend, but mostly because I don't approve at
> all about how the US treats its visitors at "Immigration and
> Naturalization Services". Now that I made this explicit though,

I also very much oppose to having DebConf in the US.  I refuse to pay
USD 100 so that PERHAPS they decide to give me a visa (I have no
property, no children, and I'm in the "easy to get a job" age, so the
chances that they'll refuse it are pretty high, even though I have no
desire of living there).

Also, the way they harass visitors (even those that already had to go
through the harassment of getting the visa) for no good reason bothers
me a lot.

I sincerely hope that the new president, whoever he is, will change
this stupid foreign policy, but in the meantime, I think it's better
if we held DebConf in a country that generally respects tourists.

--
Besos,
Marga