Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf10 - call for Location proposals

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 11:24 PM, Patty Langasek <harmoney@dodds.net> wrote:
> Wow. As frustrated as I get with my government at times, I don't think I've
> ever read such an offensive thread as this is turning out to be. But, don't
> worry, we Americans don't have feelings. And we're all Bush supporters. And
> the government is just going to lock everyone away that they allow through
> customs control.

Patty, as madduck said, I do not hold you responsible for what Bush's
government has been doing.  And I sincerely hope that with who ever
becomes the new president things will improve.

Regardless of the statistics presented, however, I know quite a number
of people in my situation (as I said: no properties, no children, in
the 20-35 age group) who have been denied the visa to the US.  And I
also know other people that while having a visa have been awfully
mistreated at the borders.

It's for those reasons, and not because I hold any grudge against
American people, that I'd prefer to see a change in US foreign policy
before we have DebConf in the US.

--
Besos,
Marga