Re: [Debconf-team] Team Rota

On Sun, Jun 10, 2007 at 08:01:33PM +0100, Kevin Campbell wrote:
>On Sun, Jun 10, 2007 at 07:52:27PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>>
>> My suggestion (just discussed with Kevin IRL): 7-hour sessions are
>> much too long - people will get bored, and won't want to miss an
>> entire night out (for example). If we drop it to 3- (or even 2-) hour
>> sessions then it means we need more people to cover, but nobody really
>> misses out.
>
>I'm in agreement with this. Only trouble with the reduced hours is
>ensuring that things are working. People are going to be late/etc.

Yeah, agreed. We should also in that case make *sure* that we are
early for each shift, and leave late. A few minutes' overlap for
handover is a good plan anyway.

>7 hour sessions are fine for the on-call orga member, but not for the
>front desk.

Also agreed.

>I've updated the wiki accordingly.

Another point - we *really* need to have more than one person on a
front-desk shift at once (2 at the moment, more at busy times):

 * toilet breaks
 * security / safety
 * bandwidth (not critical now, but come next Saturday/Sunday we'll be
   overwhelmed)

And I'm assuming we also need to have on-call orga support for the
overnight sessions at Bristo Hall.

I've extended the wiki tables and added myself for several
sessions. Please join in.

"Since phone messaging became popular, the young generation has lost the
 ability to read or write anything that is longer than one hundred and sixty
 characters."  -- Ignatios Souvatzis