Re: [Debconf-team] Re: bof proposal periode until last minute

Christian Perrier dijo [Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 07:18:40AM +0100]:
> > Don't worry, even if we wanted to, we wouldn't - We will only have the
> > big auditorium for DebianDay ;-) For regular day, we will have an area
>   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Which reminds me Alan Moray's question somewhere: when exactly is the
> Debian Day (which is the official first day of the conference)?
>
> I think that many people are as puzzled as I am (or Alan is): are May
> 14th and May 22th days where some things will happen, or just days for
> people to arrive and leave?
>
> I personnally scheduled to arrive as early as possible on May 14th
> with a schedule allowing for jet lag minimization...assuming that
> activities such as Debian Day would be scheduled for this day.

Very important point, thanks for bringing it up!

It seems we settled on May 13 for Debian Day. As it was the case last
year in .fi, Debian Day is a separate conference that just happens to
like tagging along with Debconf ;-) Most of Debconf's attendance, if
they don't have a direct involvement on DebianDay, will not be very
interested in participating (although are, of course, welcome to do
so).

> About 22th, I wasn't sure and finally decided to use it for leaving,
> which means that I'll miss any conference happening this day if some
> are scheduled.
>
> May these "details" be given about what will happen on 14th and 22th?
> I understand that other days schedule cannot be made yet, of course....

About the 22: We haven't spoken about it yet (AFAIK), but I think it's
a general pack-up-and-leave day. I don't think we will schedule much
for that day (besides cleaning and handing the place back). But don't
take my word as authority in this last point, we still have not made
the schedules.

Greetings,

--
Gunnar Wolf - gwolf@gwolf.org - (+52-55)1451-2244 / 5623-0154