Re: Debconf 6 during the Linuxday in Germany

On Tue, 2005-10-18 at 15:21 +0200, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> I managed to subscribe to this list (yeah). I'm really interested in doing
> some work for the debconf, but I have one big problem. The currently preliminary
> date is during the Linuxday in Germany. That is real problem for me. The
> Linuxday is propably the biggest linux event in germany. The Debian booth is
> traditionally one of the best visited opensource booths and is normaly
> populated with very much dds and maintainer. I think last year we had nearly
> 30 people that were also on the debconf that visited the linuxday some as
> speaker on the debianday (it would be very sad if all DDs are at the debconf
> and nobody is able to speak on the linuxday) or as boothmembers. The linuxday
> is visited from nearly 12.000 people. I don't think its fair from us to
> ignore them and to do the debconf on the same day.
>
> As a second problem some of us have to represent there companies on the
> linuxday and would have no chance to join the debconf.
>
> So I would really ask you to do the debconf on another date.

Why am I feeling your mail is pretending to put DebConf6 as the "evil"
event which will take DDs out of Linuxday? If I send the same
"sensitive" mail to the Linuxday organisers, will they kindly move their
schedule? Why are we the bad boys?

PS. 12'000 people? Really?

--
David Moreno Garza <damog@damog.net>   |  http://www.damog.net/