Re: Debian Day

* MJ Ray (mjr@phonecoop.coop) [050525 14:21]:
> I am disappointed that people seem to have misunderstood my intent.

i had problems picking out your intent. You sent a general
warning and i tried to both indicate that I was optimistic that
it could work out ok and tired to point out the involved
chances/opportunities.

> I asked you:
>  1. to be cautious about "free culture"; and
>  2. to consider inviting CC to spend time working towards a CC that
> follows DFSG, as well as any other activity.

would you perhaps enjoy gathering some other interested people
from debian-legal and try to get everyone involved to sit down
and talk? (i seem to recall that you subscribed to the -event
list lately, so i assume that you will be around!)

> Just out of interest, what was the offer made to RMS? Even so,
> I don't think you can really generalise from RMS and FSF to CC.
> Although there are some similarities, there are significant
> differences, which is why I am hopeful for the Evan-led effort.
> Mako is better placed than me to decide if that's right, though.

I invited him to participate in a panel discussion about the
topic and asked him to hang out at the conference and talk to
people about the issue. it did not get more specific then that.