Re: Debian Day

Hi!

* Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org> [050523 23:32]:
> Now we are getting closer to debconf5, it's time to start organizing
> Debian Day events in earnest.  So far I think we have

> 1.  General Introduction to Debian
>     in English (Jaldhar) and Finnish?, German? (Alexandar)

Um... I think english and finish as languages would be okay, but I don't
think there will be many people up there, who only understand german?

> 2.  Introduction to Packaging (Lars)
> 3.  half-day Debian and Linux Beginners tutorial (Jaldhar)

We also have:
- A "HowTo help Debian without being a Developer (and howto became
  one..)" talk by me
- Gunar Wolf with a "What is free Software" talk  (Aigars Mahinovs and
  Andreas Tille had similar talks, all are experienced speakers, all can
  do it, but I think Gunars english might the best)
- Bejamin Mako Hill "a quick overview over custom Debian distributions and Debian derivatives"

Additionaly, we might have (== is requested, but not finished, yet)

- Something local about free software and free culture:
  Fabian Fagerholm is contacting finish organizations like their CC and
  EFFI (similar to EFF) for something hot like software patents
- Branden Robinson doing a talk as DPL, well... I asked him, to do PR
  with his title, but a) he is not yer sure, if he will arrive (but he
  likes to) b) is unsure of the topic
- the spanish school debian Andreas mentioned in his last mail

So... we know our speakers (but might get more), we have a approximate
idea of the topics (save Branden).
Do you PR guys can start with that?  Since all that seems left to me,
seems to be:

other open questions:
- Jaldhar beginers tutorial
  - what do you need?  (and can we organize it ;)
  - Should / Mus we limit the number of attendees?  Do we need some kind
    of registration process for that?

So, next steps:

- Collect abstracts
- finalize the schedule