Re: Debconf in Israel

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz a écrit :
> On 3/21/19 5:10 PM, Nasir El-Amin wrote:
> > Debian having a conference in contested land where military conflict and oppressive acts are occurring is unacceptable.
>
> According to this logic, you wouldn't be allowed to host a DebConf in almost any
> country in the world as almost any stretch of land has changed owners, deliberately
> or by force over the time.

My grandfather died in nazi jails a few years before my birth; the
"reason" was that he facilited too many visas for travellers while
working in the consulate of Toulouse (France).

However I did travel in Germany many times, and keep contacts with
German friends.

We must not confuse a system with the citizens living in a country.

Best regards,			Georges.